Live Chat Hours: M-F 6am - 4pm PST
For Attendees

Ed Tech Start-up Pitch Fest at ISTE 2016

ISTE is proud to announce the fourth annual Ed Tech Start-Up Pitch Fest at ISTE 2016 in Denver, Colorado. ISTE is partnering with Edmix to organize and manage the Pitch Fest. Edmix is a London-based organization that connects educators to learning technologies to help build links into the digital industry, develop student understanding, raise student digital aspirations and develop attainment through technology.

Schedule and format

Preliminary rounds: TIP Pavilion, Exhibit Hall, Booth #3869

  • Monday, June 27, 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
  • Monday, June 27, 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.

In each round, six companies will have five minutes to present, then two to three minutes to answer questions from the judges.

Of the six companies presenting in each round, two will go on to the Pitch Fest final.

Final round: TIP Pavilion, Exhibit Hall, Booth #3869

  • Tuesday, June 28, 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.

Each of the four companies in the final round will have five minutes to present and two to three minutes to answer questions from the judges.

Judging

A different panel of judges will be seated for each round. Judges are selected from a broad range of backgrounds in education, education technology and entrepreneurial endeavors. Judges' feedback will be limited to the questions they ask participants and any comments they make after each presentation.

Audience participation

Each round will include audience voting, which will count for 30 percent of the score, with the judges votes making up the remaining 70 percent of the final score.

Competition categories

The winners – one each in the categories of Most Likely to Succeed and Most Innovative – will receive a prize package.

Who can apply for Pitch Fest?

All ideas and start-up businesses are welcome to submit an application for participation in the Pitch Fest, whether your idea is at the concept stage, in pilot or in the early stages of startup. We welcome innovations from around the world, and every submission has the same chance of winning.

How will the Pitch Fest participants be selected?

All submissions will be reviewed by a panel including representatives from ISTE, Edmix and other organizations selected by ISTE that are involved in education and the ed tech marketplace. The panel will invite 12 companies to participate.

Important dates

Application submission deadline is Friday, April 29, 2016

You have until Friday, April 29, to create and upload a short application detailing your business idea. Submissions after the deadline will not be considered.

Selected participants will be notified no later than Friday, May 20, 2016

If your idea is selected, congratulations! You will move on to a preliminary round. Edmix will contact you to let you know in which of the two preliminary sessions you will be presenting.

Please note: All travel and related expenses for participation in the Pitch Fest are the responsibility of the participating companies. Companies selected for the Pitch Fest will receive up to three complimentary exhibit-hall-only passes for Monday and Tuesday.

Submit your application

Download a blank application.

Use this fillable form to prepare your application.

Once you've created your submission, please send it as a Word document to

You'll receive an email confirmation upon receipt.

Your intellectual property

There may be concerns about intellectual property rights involved in competitions of this type. ISTE is not in a position to protect or advise you on your intellectual property rights. ISTE cannot and does not take any responsibility for protecting your rights. Please note that ISTE does not require non-disclosure or confidentiality requirements from anyone involved in the Pitch Fest process. You, the applicant, are solely responsible for protecting your intellectual property rights both in your application and through your participation.

Sponsored By

In Collaboration With

Important dates




Mission Sponsors


Samsung Microsoft

Gold Sponsors


Dell SMART Google

Silver Sponsors


BrainPop CDWG