[Listen and learn : Lecture]
Digital tote resources
Purpose & objective
-An understanding of how FREE online resources enhance curriculum and improve the learning experience for students
- The confidence to try new things and integrate new technology in their classroom
- Cures for the technophobic and ideas of how to spread the importance of teaching technology in all subject areas
- An awareness of the latest and greatest free tools available on the Internet for teachers
- New, effective ways to reach different types of learners and assess student understanding
- The know-how necessary to continue to learn about new free tools after the session is over
- Their very own free “101 Free Tech Tools for Teachers” eBook filled with additional resources and materials covered in the presentation
Introduction – Why Technology? (5 min)
Free Tech Tool Showcase: (45 minutes)
Presenters will start by sharing several of their favorite tech tools, pulling them up on the screen and giving a quick overview.
Categories for free tech tools include, but are not limited to:
As we discuss particular web tools, we will hold small contests with participants to increase engagement.
Due to the time constriction, it is possible that all tools will not be able to be presented. Attendees will receive free copies of the presenters’ eBook, “101 Free Tech Tools for Teachers” so they can explore all 101 tools on their own.
How to Locate Free Tools Yourself: (5 minutes)
Walking away with valuable tools is great… but it’s important that teachers know where to turn AFTER the session to continue what they’ve learned throughout the year. Presenters will share their secret sources for always staying up-to-date on the latest tools for the classroom.
The presenters have helped more than 675,000 teachers from more than 120 countries learn about and use updated teaching techniques. On a day-to-day basis, we study trends, analyze results, and work with teachers to find the best and most effective education tools and resources. Through these experiences with K-12 educators, we’ve found the best hidden web tools on the Internet to create engaging experiences for teachers and their students.