Developing Empowered Leaders: Designing ISTE Professional Learning in L.A. Unified
Participate and share : Interactive lecture
Tuesday, June 26, 4:15–5:15 pm
Dominic Caguioa Allison Jonas Sophia Mendoza Candace Seale
Learn how L.A. Unified School District designs and delivers learner-driven professional learning opportunities founded on and inspired by the ISTE Standards for Students.
|Attendee devices:||Devices useful|
|Attendee device specification:||Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Topic:||Professional learning models|
|ISTE Standards:||For Coaches:
As a result of this session, participants will:
- Learn how to strategically design, develop and facilitate learner driven professional learning opportunities for teachers and school leaders that focuses on the integration of the ISTE Standards for Students.
- Engage in dialogue, discussion and activities around creating professional learning opportunity that align to the ISTE Standards for Students and leverage digital resources to empower 21st century learners.
- Be able to plan safe and productive spaces for teachers to begin experimenting with instructional technology concepts
- Be able to leverage digital tools for dialogue, exchange of ideas, and reflection
The content and activities for this session are as follows:
1. Why learner-driven professional development (10 Min)
2. What is learner-driven professional development (50 Min)
3. Barriers (10 min)
4. Creating a professional learning plan (10 min)
5. Reflection (10 min)
This session is in alignment with the following research and frameworks: Task Force Recommendations, The Presenters Fieldbook, Adaptive School Foundation Seminar, Differentiated Coaching, Universal Design for Learning, The Power of Protocols, Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate (ADDIE) Model, Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Ability, Reinforcement (ADKAR Model), Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) website, ISTE Standards for Students, Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) and Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, Redefinition (SAMR) Model, Common Core Standards in Diverse Classrooms.
Connecting to Your Classroom Community: Engaging Parents in the Learning Process
Dive into UDL and Assistive Tech to Make Learning Meaningful for All
Snap1B: Reading 2.0: Redefining Instruction for Digital Text