A learning event like no other
The ISTE Creative Constructor Lab is not your typical professional learning event. This two-day experience includes an array of hands-on, creative and interactive learning activities designed exclusively for educators who are not the traditional arts or media teachers within a school. Lab participants will learn how to use the ISTE Educator and Student Standards to establish vibrant, media-rich learning environments that support creative problem-solving and digital knowledge construction — and have a lot of fun along the way!
This set of active professional learning activities will include:
- Exploration and application of design thinking to create innovative digital learning environments
- Authentic learning activities that support the use of digital tools and resources across content areas and curriculum frameworks
- The sharing of classroom creativity models that nurture students’ various expressions of learning and communication of ideas and knowledge
- Skill building around tools for creating and integrating media rich resources, such as podcasts or videos to maximize active, deep learning
- Resource sharing and co-creation of digital learning materials to support pedagogies such as blended, flipped and personalized learning
Activities to include creative expressions of:
- Digital storytelling
- Movie creation
- Creative data representation
- Interactive presentations
- Interactive books
- Audio creation
- AR/VR media creation
ISTE Creative Constructor Lab Program Team
Thank you to the ISTE Creative Constructor Lab Program Team for the countless hours you’ve spent creating the program for this event.
Senior Director of Event Content, ISTE
Director of Innovation, Yeshiva University High Schools Los Angeles
Learning Coach, Atlanta International School
Leadership and Vision Coach, Park International School
Upper School Physics Teacher, Hanalani Schools
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) is a nonprofit organization that works with the global education community to accelerate the use of technology to solve tough problems and inspire innovation. Our worldwide network believes in the potential technology holds to transform teaching and learning. Learn more at iste.org.