Phase 1: Activate inspiration
Phase 2: Plan it all out
Phase 3: Pack in the knowledge
Phase 4: Create your dream project
Phase 5: Showcase your work
Get ready to spend two days learning to integrate creativity into your classroom while building a project that puts your learning into action! Experience personalized learning first-hand with the freedom to choose how you’d like to organize and carry out your ideas. You'll have several mediums at your disposal, including a recording studio, green screen technology and creation stations stocked with creative materials.
DAY 1: Saturday, November 10
- PHASE 1: Activate Inspiration
- 8–8:45 a.m.: Expert museum, morning bites and attendee check-in [+]
Pick up your badge at the registration station and grab some morning fuel from our complimentary breakfast kiosks. Spend time interacting with our experts as they showcase successful implementation of creativity into their classrooms.
- 9–10:30 a.m.: Opening Keynote featuring Rebecca Hare
- 10:30–11 a.m.: Take a breath and meet the pros
- PHASE 2: Plan it out
- 11 a.m.–11:45 a.m.: Meet your new project friends and start scheming [+]
Kick off your project planning with a guided brainstorming session. You will be assigned to a project room, and within that project room, you can choose to work with a group. Your room should have at least three groups total, made up of peers as similar or different than you as you please. This portion will be led by workshop presenters. You’ll be provided a journal to keep all your thoughts and dreams in one place- use it now so you can share it out later!
- 11:45–12:15 p.m.: Rapid projects—ready, set, go! [+]
Hash it all out with your newly-gathered project team. We'll guide you through a rapid-project session that encourages you to quickly draw it all out, rather than obsessing about all the tiny details (as we so often do!). Demo your rapid project to your project room and gather feedback. No need to make it perfect- you’re just kicking things off. Learn to use a feedback mechanism to use throughout the event and take home with you.
- 12:15–1:30 p.m.: Fuel up: Lunch on the harbor [+]
Head to the Harbor Room for a fabulous lunch overlooking the water. Enjoy a buffet-style meal and spend some time chatting with fellow attendees.
- PHASE 3: Pack in the knowledge
- 1:30–5 p.m.: Essential workshops: Learn the "how-to's"
- *At 3:40 p.m. our fuel-up stations will be filled with afternoon snacks to enjoy. Grab and go or catch a break—you need to fuel all that creativity!
- 5–6 p.m.: Project room huddle journal walk [+]
Meet in your project rooms to talk next steps and to-dos to cap off Day 1. Take some time to walk around and share what you’ve been dreaming up in your journals. By the end of Day 1, you should have a clear understanding of your final project and what is needed to accomplish it. Check in with our edtech experts if you need any guidance! Leave Day 1 feeling prepared and inspired.
- 6:30 p.m.: Enjoy a reception hosted by Adobe
DAY 2: Sunday, November 11
- 7:30–8 a.m.: Morning Fuel-up, light bites and COFFEE! [+]
Join your fellow CCL attendees for a quick breakfast at one of our fuel-up stations. Enjoy a continental-style breakfast and spend a few minutes at our beverage bar. Collaborate with your project groups or network amongst your fellow regional educators.
- 8–8:30 a.m.: TED Talks—learn a lot and learn it fast! [+]
Listen to a series of TED-style presentations on the main stage. Learn from our CCL experts about creativity activation, social-justice themed creation, and the ISTE Standards. These fast-paced presentations will motivate you to move forward with your creative endeavors and instill the power of creativity in you.
- 8:30–9 a.m.: Adobe's Creative Problem Solving Talk
- 9–10:15 a.m.: Seattle City Walk [+]
Join your fellow attendees on a guided Seattle city-walk to gather up materials to use towards your final project. The conference center is a six minute walk from Pikes Place Market, a hub of inspiration. During the walk, you’ll be guided to capture what you experience in the form of photos, videos, and audio.
- 10:25 a.m.–1 p.m.: 75-minute deep-dive workshops
- 1–2 p.m.: Fuel up: Lunch on the harbor [+]
Return to the Harbor Room for another fabulous lunch overlooking the water. Enjoy a buffet-style meal and spend some time chatting with fellow attendees or grab some food and continue working.
- PHASE 4: Create your dream project
- 2–3:30 p.m.: Putting it together: Guided project work. [+]
Take this time to complete your final projects and ensure they are showcase-worthy! As a group, you’ll nominate up to three teams in your project room who will present their final work on the big stage. Provide your group facilitators with the final versions of work by 3:15 p.m. to be eligible for presentation.
- *At 3:15 p.m., our fuel-up stations will be filled with your final snack of the event. Take some for now and take some for later, there’s nothing wrong with a road snack!
- PHASE 5: Showcase your work
- 3:30–4:30 p.m.: Attendee showcase: Taking it home [+]
At this time, all attendees will gather in the Bay Auditorium to experience all of the amazing projects you’ve completed. Project rooms will nominate three groups to present on the big stage in the Bay Auditorium. Attendees can enjoy and take notes. There will be a lot to take back to your classrooms as you hear from your fellow educators! All final projects, regardless if they are presented in the showcase, will be uploaded to one central location for all attendees to view.
Register today for the best rate! Spots are limited.
Learn how to put your hours at the ISTE Creative Constructor Lab to work!