This event has been designed around five learning themes (listed below). Each block of workshops will offer one session dedicated to each of the five themes. Focus on one theme or sample a few during multiple workshops.
Saturday, October 6VIEW PROGRAM BY DAY
- Registration open: Pick up your badge and other event materials while you enjoy some light snacks.
- CS Gallery Walk: Plan your learning path as you browse CS exhibits showcasing projects designed by educators, students and community members. Each exhibit aligns with one of the five learning themes.
- Vision setting — take your first fearless step!: Using the Strategic CSforALL Resource & Implementation Planning Tool (SCRIPT), CSforALL Managing Director Leigh Ann DeLyser and CSforALL Director of Strategic Initiatives Joshua Elder will lead you through a vision-setting process that will help you prioritize your time while at the event and identify actionable goals for the future.
- Workshops: Now that you’ve set your vision, choose from five workshops, each focused on one of the five learning themes (listed above).
- Reception at Thinkabit Lab: Socialize, nibble, sip and mingle while you try your hand at engineering. (Yes! You read that right!) The Qualcomm Thinkabit Lab is located at the Michigan Engineering Zone and is space where students engage in fun and unique, hands-on learning projects.
Sunday, October 7VIEW PROGRAM BY DAY
- Digerati Girls keynote and breakfast: Enjoy breakfast and an inspirational message from the tech divas at Digerati Girls. Founder and Executive Director Monica Wheat, along with co-founders Chief Kidpreneuer and Olivia Snead and Business Director Adrienne Wheat, will share how they are increasing opportunities for women in technical innovation and digital marketing careers.
- ISTE CT Competencies sneak peek: ISTE CEO Richard Culatta will offer a glimpse of the upcoming launch of the ISTE CT Competencies and explain why they are an important cross-curricular tool for educators.
10:30 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Workshops: Where will you go next? Choose the theme that most supports your CS vision from one of five workshops.
- Lunch & Learn: Fuel up with a tasty lunch while you connect with and share what you’ve been learning with your fellow fearless CS leaders!
- Workshops: Choose two workshop blocks. Build on the themes you’ve already focused on or select something new.
- Pixar Director of Photography, Danielle Feinberg keynote: Shortly after beginning her career at Pixar, Danielle Feinberg discovered her love for lighting and went on to light popular films including Toy Story 2, the Academy Award®-winning Finding Nemo and the Pixar's recent film, Coco (just to name a few!). Her love of combining computers and art began when she was eight years old and first programmed a Logo turtle to create images. This eventually led her to a Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science from Harvard University. Now, in addition to her Pixar work, she mentors teenage girls, encouraging them to pursue code, math and science.
Monday, October 8VIEW PROGRAM BY DAY
- Breakfast & Workshops: Snatch up your favorite mobile breakfast options (available starting at 8 a.m.) before sitting down for your final workshop selections. Be ready to spend some time revisiting the vision-setting activity from the first day and complete our action plans.
8 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Learning Gallery Walk: See our learning captured in a fun and memorable way! Walk through the Learning Gallery and browse graphic recordings dedicated to each of the five learning themes for the event.
- Closing Keynote, Brian Aspinall: It’s time to bring it all home with our inspiring closing keynote speaker, Brian Aspinall. Brian is a teacher, speaker, coder, maker and author of the book Code Breaker.
11 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- CS Expo: Grab some lunch and get your hands on some of the latest products and services for your digital age classroom! Participants will get to demo and learn about offerings from 25+ edtech industry leaders. (Note that lunch items will be mobile optimized—aka, easy to walk and munch!)
Learn how to put your hours at the ISTE No Fear Coding Lab to work!