Improving Your Digital Intelligence Quotient
Participate and share : Poster
Tuesday, June 25, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Location: Posters: Level 4, Terrace Ballroom Lobby, Table 48
Michael David John Abello Noel Nino Quisan
Digital media and technology are evolving at a dizzying pace, bringing with them opportunities as well as risks for young people. But there are issues that emerge — like cyberbullying & privacy concerns — in schools and at home. Digital literacy and citizenship skills have become essential for students in the 21st century.
|Audience:||Coaches, Teachers, Principals/head teachers|
|Attendee devices:||Devices required|
|Attendee device specification:||Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Participant accounts, software and other materials:||Should have a browser and good internet connections.|
|Focus:||Digital age teaching & learning|
|Subject area:||STEM/STEAM, Computer science|
|ISTE Standards:||For Students:
|Disclosure:||The submitter of this session has been supported by a company whose product is being included in the session|
- To let students improve their Digital Intelligence Quotient.
- DQ World.net, it is an online student platform where in students would be able to self-learn their DQ.
- Hands-on Activity / Experiential Learning = Students would be able to play the DQ World.net game and earn points. On the way they will learn more about how to be safe online.
Evidence of success:
- Students would be able to make changes in their screen time, know how to be safe online, show respect and courtesy online.
Content and activities:
- Self Introduction (3 mins)
- Video: Why is DQ important? (5 mins)
- Audience participation (5 mins)
- Video: What is DQ World.net? (4 mins)
- Audience participation (5 mins)
- Instructions: Participants will go to DQ World.net to access the content. They will be given usernames & passwords. (5 mins)
- Hands-on: Participants will play DQ world until 5 mins before the end of the session. (25 mins)
- Closure: Will let the participants write on a padlet their experience. Will also include questions like: What did i find interesting in the workshop? What will i do with what i have learned? What more can i do to let students improve their DQ? (3 mins)
Total Time - 50 mins.
Digital Intelligence (DQ) will be used as a global standard framework for digital skills, literacy, and readiness. CDI will further serve as a coordinating platform for organisations implementing a common set of standards and definitions for digital intelligence across technology and education sectors, allowing digital intelligence to be better tracked and understood.
OECD, IEEE and DQI Announce Platform for Coordinating Digital Intelligence Across Technology and Education Sectors
●Three leading global organizations – OECD, IEEE Standards Association and DQ Institute announced new platform for digital coordination, Coalition for Digital Intelligence (CDI)
●CDI will serve as a coordinating platform for organizations implementing a common set of standards and definitions for digital intelligence across the technology and education sectors, allowing digital intelligence to be better tracked and understood.
●Digital Intelligence refers to the set of competencies necessary for digital life today, and includes basic digital skills and digital literacy.
●More information at www.wef.ch/SDI18 and follow the conversation at #wefimpact
Geneva and New York, 25 September 2018 – During the World Economic Forum Sustainable Development Impact Summit in New York, three leading global organizations—the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the IEEE Standards Association, and the DQ Institute today announced their engagement in the Coalition for Digital Intelligence (CDI), a platform for coordinating efforts on raising Digital Intelligence across the technology and education sectors. The platform is supported by the World Economic Forum.
30+ Recipes for Creating AwesomeSauce Videos for Student and Professional Learning
A Philly Special: Score a Technology Touchdown in Your Classroom
Build Your Program: Developing Confident Learners PreK – 12 with STEAM