Slip and Slides Your Way Through Google Slides
Participate and share : Interactive lecture
Sunday, June 23, 1:30–2:30 pm
Teachers often use Google Slides as a presentation tool; however, there are so many more features and strategies that can be used in learning. Learn strategies for using Google Slides to increase engagement, strengthen understanding, develop important skills, and personalize learning.
|Audience:||Teachers, Teacher education/higher ed faculty, Professional developers|
|Attendee devices:||Devices useful|
|Attendee device specification:||Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Focus:||Digital age teaching & learning|
|Subject area:||Language arts, Math|
|ISTE Standards:||For Students:
Participants will analyze and apply strategies and techniques for using Google Slides increase engagement, strengthen understanding, develop important skills, and personalize learning.
- Introduction to "Slip" Acronym for Slipping and Sliding Through Google Slides (10 min)
- "Strategies" - participants will learn strategies for using Slides as a communication tool (10 min)
- "Learning" - participants will learn strategies for using Slides as a learning tool (10 min)
- "Interactive Experiences" - participants will learn strategies for using Slides to create choice, autonomy, and personalization (10 min)
- "Presentations" - participants will learn strategies to creatively use Slides for presentations (10 min)
- Q & A / Conclusion (10 min)
Participants will learn a variety of strategies based on the UDL framework, personalized learning frameworks, and blended learning approaches.