GSuite Secrets to Success
Participate and share : Interactive lecture
Sunday, June 23, 9:00–10:00 am
Jennifer Judkins Jonathan Schmid
Understanding the hidden secrets and potential pitfalls of GSuite can make life in the cloud smoother, more productive and altogether awesome. Come learn our favorite surprises and must-know settings focused on educational best practices to level up in Gsuite. What will you do with all the time you’ll save?!
|Audience:||Coaches, Teachers, Technology coordinators/facilitators|
|Attendee devices:||Devices useful|
|Attendee device specification:||Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
|Participant accounts, software and other materials:||Attendees should have access to Google Chrome and an active G Suite EDU account.|
|Focus:||Digital age teaching & learning|
|Topic:||Online tools, apps and resources|
|ISTE Standards:||For Coaches:
Digital Age Learning Environments
- Step through key features and often overlooked shortcuts for each of the core G Suite tools including Drive, Docs, Sheets and Chrome.
- Practice essential spreadsheet skills such as auto filling cells, combining values and inserting functions. Instantly create graphs and alternate colors with the Explore Tool.
- Learn how to organize, customize and make Google Drive work for you.
- Set time limitations for sharing and avoid common “sharing” pitfalls by investigating advanced options for sharing within G Suite.
- Get a handle on Google Groups, and learn how to best structure and apply groups to benefit your users.
- Briefly dive into common Admin Console settings you might want to check, helpful for both super admins and those who might work with them!
- Capture the power of extensions for students, and learn how to deploy, manage, limit and encourage the best usage of these powerful additions to Chrome.
- Identify current opportunities in their teaching environments by collaboratively sharing their favorite time-saving ideas leading to more efficient and effective use of G Suite
0-10 min - After introducing the presenters, session goals, and resources, we will acquaint the audience with a mechanism for participants to contribute their own tips to the resource through a submission form.
10-50 min - Then, in a fast paced, interactive and plain fun manner, we will dive into the main show - the tips, tools and lesser-known techniques that we wish we had known sooner, based on our combined 15 years of experience as Google Education Trainers. Each topic will consist of resources and interactive experiments where participants can test out and implement the tips on their own.
50-60 min - In the final 5-10 min. we will review of participant submissions submitted throughout the session