Supercharging Innovation, Invention and Entrepreneurship in Your Classroom: Curriculum and Best Practices
Listen and learn : Lecture
Sunday, June 23, 2:30–3:30 pm
Dr. Kevin Andreyo Christine Lawlor-King
Ignite learning with engaging, student-centered curriculum and best practices to support STEM, creativity, invention, entrepreneurship, problem solving and design thinking. The Henry Ford provides no-cost curriculum and resources aligned to Common Core and NGSS, divided into grade bands (K-2; 3-5; 6-8 and 9-12).
|Audience:||Curriculum/district specialists, Teachers, Principals/head teachers|
|Attendee devices:||Devices useful|
|Attendee device specification:||Smartphone: Windows, Android, iOS
Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Focus:||Digital age teaching & learning|
|Topic:||Project-, problem- and challenge-based learning|
|Subject area:||Career and technical education, STEM/STEAM|
|ISTE Standards:||For Students:
• discover the STEMIE Coalition’s open source invention education curriculum which is divided into four grade ranges: K-2; 3-5; 6-8 and 9-12.
• implement the 7-step invention process.
• participate in a sample hands-on lessons that focus on creative problem solving.
• discover practical tools to teach invention education.
• integrate techniques to make the invention process engaging, hands-on, and fun.
• use the steps of the invention process with introductory lessons to get students started on invention and entrepreneurship.
• collaborate with peers to solve technical problems by using proven, systematic tools.
• build an empathy map, use the “Six thinking hats,” SWOT analysis, and creative brainstorming techniques.
• use mind mapping, later thinking, and SCAMPER.
• explore how to implement an invention convention event.
• uncover strategies to teach and support student entrepreneurship.
• Content: Presenters Background and Learning Objectives (5 minutes)
• Content: Invention 101 (10 minutes)
• Content: A Systematic Approach to Invention (10 minutes) peer-to-peer interaction
• Content: Best Practices for Teaching the Invention Process (10 minutes)
• Content: Tools and Techniques for Invention Education (10 minutes)
• Activity: Creative Approaches to Solving Problems (10 minutes) hands-on, interactive
• Content: Next Steps, Starting Your Own Invention Convention, and Resources to Support Invention Education and Entrepreneurship (5 minutes)