Must-Have Technology Tools to Differentiate Instruction
Participate and share : Poster
Thursday, December 3, 1:30–2:30 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
Technology continues to transform and evolve as needs and demands change in ones learning adventure. Investigate popular technology tools to engage all students including those with special needs. Explore interactive collaboration, creation and assessment tools that apply Universal Design for Learning principles to create inclusive and engaging learning environments.
|Audience:||Curriculum/district specialists, Teachers, Technology coordinators/facilitators|
|Attendee devices:||Devices useful|
|Attendee device specification:||Smartphone: Windows, Android, iOS
Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Topic:||Universal Design for Learning/differentiated learning|
|Subject area:||Special education|
|ISTE Standards:||For Educators:
Equity and Citizenship Advocate
To explore and create inclusive learning environments for all students via popular resources related to interactive collaboration, creation, and assessment tools that apply Universal Design for Learning principles.
1. Learn about Universal Design for Learning principles and its importance to creating an inclusive classroom.
2. Explore and discuss collaboration tools, creation tools, and assessment tools.
3. Learn about additional online resources to explore.
- 5 mins: Introduction of Universal Design for Learning – define, discuss principles
- 15 mins: Explore and discuss collaboration tools (i.e.: MindMup, Padlet, Popplet, TodaysMeet)
- 15 mins: Explore and discuss creation tools (i.e.: Book Creator, Pictello, Storyboard That, Glogster)
- 15 mins: Explore and discuss assessment tools (i.e.: Kahoot, Flipgrid, Quizziz, Edpuzzle)
- 5 mins: Sharing of online resources
- 5 mins: Q & A