Flipping for Professional Learning
Explore and create : Creation lab
Sunday, November 29, 11:30 am–12:20 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
Flipping the classroom is gaining in popularity. But what about with professional learning? Learn about the various ways you can apply the flipping methodology to meetings to provide more professional-learning time in your school and what technology can enhance the flipped professional-learning model.
|Audience:||Coaches, Principals/head teachers, Professional developers|
|Attendee devices:||Devices useful|
|Attendee device specification:||Smartphone: Android, iOS
Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Participant accounts, software and other materials:||None|
|ISTE Standards:||For Coaches:
Professional Development and Program Evaluation
|Additional detail:||Session recorded for video-on-demand|
• Examine the flipped learning methodology and how it applies to professional learning.
• Debate the merits of flipped learning in a professional learning context.
• Examine the tools used for flipping professional learning.
• Welcome (5 mins)
• What Is Flipped Learning, Really? (10 mins, Peer-To-Peer Interaction)
• Flipped and Professional Learning. How Does It Work? (10 mins, Peer-To-Peer Interaction)
• Tools For Flipped Professional Learning (20 mins-Hands-On Activity)
• All This Time. Now What? (10 mins, Peer-To-Peer Interaction)
• Wrap up (5 mins)
• Flipped Professional Development: An Innovation in Response to Teacher Insights (Hardin, Koppenhaver, 2016) https://ila.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/jaal.522
• The Flipped Side of Professional Learning https://www.edsurge.com/news/2014-04-18-the-flip-side-of-professional-development
• Professional Development Gets Flipped http://www.nea.org/home/73198.htm
Flipping For Professional Learning http://blog.web20classroom.org/2016/11/flippedprofessionallearning.html