Stretch Yourself: A Personalized Journey to Deepen Your Teaching Practice
Participate and share : Interactive lecture
Friday, December 4, 11:10–11:55 am PST (Pacific Standard Time)
Dr. Caitlin McLemore Fanny Passeport
This session integrates concepts from the book Stretch Yourself: A Personalized Journey to Deepen Your Teaching Practice (ISTE 2018). Through educational activities and meditation exercises, this session will engage participants in personalizing their own growth to foster reflection, action, and gain confidence.
|Attendee devices:||Devices not needed|
|ISTE Standards:||For Educators:
|Additional detail:||ISTE author presentation, Session recorded for video-on-demand|
|Influencer Disclosure:||This session includes a presenter that indicated a “material connection” to a brand that includes a personal, family or employment relationship, or a financial relationship. See individual speaker menu for disclosure information.|
- pause by reflecting about their practice as educators (thinking about where they are and want to go)
- think deeply about their personal vision (by using visible thinking routines extracted from the book "Stretch Yourself")
- take action by creating a digital innovation plan (using Padlet or another online tool)
- gain the confidence to dare to make mistakes
-acquire new tools to personalize their own learning in their own context
In order to reach our objectives, participants will:
- start by taking part in a mindfulness meditation created by the authors of Stretch Yourself to dive into our own agency as educators
- making their thinking visible by engaging in several exercises (such as journaling by answering a prompt, brainstorming ideas through a visible thinking routine)
- stretch themselves (optional) with a few yoga exercises embedded in the session (engaging participants in breathing, stretching and meditation and connecting those exercises to edtech, innovation, and learning)
- creating a personalized plan of action that is personal but requires sharing with other participants for feedback and collaboration to foster a sense of togetherness and inspiration amongst participants
This session is based on the book Stretch Yourself: A personalized journey to deepen your teaching practice.
Creative Agency and PBL Framework to make students solve a community issue.
Professional Development in the Wild: Using Social Media for Personal Learning
Using the ISTE Coaching Standards to transform teaching and learning