Participants will be able to manipulate lists of text in Google Sheets using a variety of functions and formulas. Use of each function is demonstrated by the presenter while attendees are able to get hands-on practice through the use of a provided template. Throughout the session, the presenter will include common education-related scenarios where using these functions can be used. Attendees will be encouraged to share ways they can envision the functions being used in their own circumstances.
Timing will vary based on the length of the length of the session. The bulk of time is spent in #4 and #5 on the list below.
1. Copy the provided template
2. Review basic spreadsheet vocabulary
3. How to build formulas
4. Basic functions for manipulating text
5. A few more complicated functions for manipulating text
6. Some useful formula recipes
7. Review resources for continued learning