The purpose of my presentation is to talk to my attendees about the journey that I have been on to come up with a replacement for the void that was left by the sunsetting of Google Expeditions. I believe that this information will be very helpful to teachers and district leaders who were in the same position as I was. I will discuss how I vetted all the platforms available and how I came to the decision that ClassVr was the best option for our teachers and students. The key components I focused on were the following:
1. Set-Up- How difficult was the setting up of the hardware?
2. The Teacher Dashboard- How can teachers manage the headsets and content?
3. The resources- How do the resources compare to Google Expeditions?
4. Customization- Can you create your own content for personalized
5. Support- Does the company support the product and what was my
experience with that?
My goal at the end of the presentation is to provide helpful information about this VR platform that attendees may not have known about. We are all in this together and if I can save someone some time, or give them helpful information, that's what it's all about!
I. Introduction of myself/educational background
II. The "Sunsetting" of Google Expeditions
a. Left with 180K of hardware
b. No alternative at the time
III. The VR Options and how I vetted them
IV."The Decision" How ClassVR became the platform of choice
V. The 6 Pillars of ClassVR