Pennsylvania Convention Center
The purpose of my presentation is to aid educators in becoming knowledgeable on the topic of AI, including its capabilities of helping teachers provide personalized learning. AI is an emerging technology that will impact all of us more than we can even currently realize. Students need to be taught how to learn alongside AI and harness its powers. It is more important than ever that students need to learn to be flexible, be critical thinkers, and know how to transfer skills to various career fields as AI becomes integrated into just about every career path.
The presentation will engage the audience by having them interact with survey tools such as Poll Everywhere and Survey Monkey, and QR codes where they will be asked to participate in the presentation itself.
1. Attendees will learning the basic definition of AI
2. Attendees will learn about specific examples of how AI impacts our daily lives and ways it is changing it.
3. Attendees will see practical examples of how AI will cause a paradigm shift in certain industries: finance, advertising, product and good servicing, education
4. Attendees will participate in various polls, surveys, and feedback prompts regarding their current knowledge of AI and its impact on our world.
5. Attendees will learn about various resources available to educators to assist with personalized student learning and curriculum.
6. Attendees will have the ability to conduct open forum conversations with their peers to ask questions and make comments on what they just learned.
Artificial Intelligence introduction
What is it's place in the K12 classroom (10 minutes)
Slide Presentation on practical examples of how AI is impacting our world (20 minutes)
Humanoid robots, automated farm equipment, targeting marketing, big tech, etc.
use of interactive polls, QR codes to interact, survey - all interactive the audience can participate with their phones
How does AI affect education? The two facets:
1. AI: Learning about the technology itself and how it affects us as consumers
2. AI: Harnessing its capabilities to provide personalized learning to students
Looking at practical examples of how to implement these 2 facets into the classroom (20 minutes)
Use of surveys, polls, websites, etc. so audience can participate and interact
Conclusion with Questions/Comments - Open Forum (10 Minutes)
Takeaway of practical examples educators can immediately put into practice
Free Curriculum and Tools
The Hands-On AI Projects for the Classroom series by Nancye Blair Black and Susan Brooks-Young: http://iste.org/ai
The AI Education Project - aiedu.org
EdSurge's AI is for Everyone, Everywhere microsite: edsurge.com/research/guides/ai-is-for-everyone-everywhere
Teaching AI by Michelle Zimmerman: https://my.iste.org/s/store?_ga=2.258389194.151861514.1617643684-1341423513.1605563246#/store/browse/detail/a1w1U000004LpbQQAS
7 Strategies for Engaging Your Students Using Digital Tools and Sound Pedagogy
Digital Escape Room: UDL Edition
Let's talk About AI