Onsite in Philadelphia there’s an opening reception, so let’s have one online! Join us in the ISTE Metaverse, hosted in Zep, for a virtual party to remember. We’ll be spinning hits from DJ Hapa, so hit the dance floor and press “0” to groove. We’ll be throwing in a few random games you can join on the spot as well (zombie chase, anyone?).
Dancing and gaming not really your thing? We’ll have a few conversations at tables and chairs surrounding the dance floor. We’ll have one conversation space dedicated to future plans for AI in the classroom and one to just meet each other and talk about your plans and schedules for the rest of the conference.
Here are some instructions for accessing and using the ISTE Metaverse:
- Allow access to mic & camera
- Click on your avatar to change your name (make it fictional or use your real name!) and decorate your avatar.
- Be whoever you want for this party!
- Take time to orient yourself to the space.
- When you jump into the link, you’ll enter the Tutorial Room.
- Walk through the Tutorial Room and follow the prompts and familiarize yourself with the program.
- Practice these moves with your keyboard:
- - - Move your avatar with your arrows.
- - - When you’re close to someone, you can press F to interact.
- - - Press the number “0” to dance
- - - Press the space bar to jump
- - - Press 1-5 for different reactions
- If you want to change your appearance throughout the party, click on your avatar
- To have private chats and group conversations, walk to chairs and tables.
- Portals take you to other spaces.
- When you’re done in the tutorial space, there’s just one other room for the party.
- Just walk up to the “Enter into ISTELive” portal to enter the party space.
- Keep link handy. If you encounter any issues, refresh your page.
- Important note: you will need to enable your camera and video again whenever you refresh or enter into a new space!
- Walk up to the “i” circle for the party schedule and information.
- Use the chat in the bottom middle of your screen.
- It will refresh when you enter new rooms but you’ll see a tiny chat bubble appear above your avatar when you post in the chat.
- Remember to always be respectful and abide by the conference code of conduct in any virtual (and in-person!) space.