Elevate Equity! Best Practices for Equity-First Digital Learning in Higher Education
Listen and learn : Lecture
Dr. Tazin Daniels Dr. Brandon Olszewski Josh Werth
Digital learning options can leave learners behind — and it's time to bring issues of equity and inclusion to the forefront! This session will include experts from the ISTE-powered Every Learner Everywhere Expert Network program, who will discuss best practices for promoting equity-first digital learning culture in higher education institutions.
|Audience:||Professional developers, Teacher education/higher ed faculty, Technology coordinators/facilitators|
|Attendee devices:||Devices required|
|Attendee device specification:||Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Topic:||Equity & inclusion|
|Grade level:||Community college/university|
|ISTE Standards:||For Education Leaders:
Equity and Citizenship Advocate
The session objectives are:
1. Participants will learn about effective strategies and best practices for digital learning in higher education environments.
2. Participants will learn about resources that promote equity and inclusion for learners.
1. Introduce challenges around equity & inclusion in higher education
2. Introduce the Every Learner Everywhere Expert Network, Powered by ISTE
3. Explore resources that support equity in digital learning, as well as major challenges at the forefront of higher education today
Prior to COVID, nearly 70% of higher education’s 1.5M faculty members have never taught a virtual course before. According to researchers, “the sudden shift from face-to-face instruction to distance-learning has been disruptive, forcing a sea change in behaviors and practices in academia.” The ELE Expert Network supports faculty members as they transition to online and distance learning models.
Bay View Analytics, Online Learning Survey Accessed from https://www.onlinelearningsurvey.com/