50 Online Resources to Engage Middle School Students
Participate and share : Poster
This poster presentation will include visuals and videos to demonstrate 50 online resources to engage middle school students. See multiple resources that teachers can easily incorporate into their lessons, no matter what the subject area.
|Audience:||Principals/head teachers, Teachers, Technology coordinators/facilitators|
|Attendee devices:||Devices required|
|Attendee device specification:||Smartphone: Android, iOS
Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS
|Participant accounts, software and other materials:||I will post a spreadsheet of apps that attendees can download before hand.|
|Topic:||Online tools, apps & resources|
|Subject area:||Not applicable, Social studies|
|ISTE Standards:||For Education Leaders:
Teaching, Learning and Assessments
Participants will be able to:
* View visuals and videos of various online tools/apps
* Practice online tools/apps
* Engage is small group discussion/work session to practice online tools/apps
* An online resource with links over over 50 online tools/apps and descriptions will be posted to my site if selected
* Sample lessons incorporating various online tools/apps will be posted to my site if selected
* This will be a drop-in poster session. As such, I will have visuals displayed as well as a video running with examples. I will work with individuals or groups to present and/or practice various online tools/apps.
The Distance Learning Playbook, Grades K-12: Teaching for Engagement and Impact in Any Setting
I have taught at both the elementary level (1-4) and middle school level (6-8) and currently teach World Studies in MCPS, a district near Washington, DC. I have presented and modeled lessons and innovative ways to present them at the school, county, state and national level. I was a co-presenter at ISTE 2019. I am also a National Geographic Certified Educator & Community Leader, a Nearpod Certified Educator & PioNear and a Newsela Certified Educator & Teacher Trainer.