Adobe Spark for Creative Posts, Video Stories and Online Journals
Explore and create : Creation lab
Adobe Spark apps (free) make it easy to create eye-catching social media posts; video stories with music; and compelling online reports, journals or lessons in minutes. If you’re new to Spark, this session is for you. Experienced Spark users, see what’s new and bring your success stories to share.
|Audience:||Curriculum/district specialists, Teachers, Technology coordinators/facilitators|
|Attendee devices:||Devices required|
|Attendee device specification:||Smartphone: iOS
Laptop: PC, Chromebook, Mac
|Participant accounts, software and other materials:||Attendees need to have a free Adobe ID (login and password) to access the Spark apps. If they are using an iPad or iPhone, they need to have free Spark Post, Video and Page downloaded ahead of time.|
|Topic:||Creativity & curation tools|
|Subject area:||Language arts, Performing/visual arts|
|ISTE Standards:||For Educators:
The purpose of the session is to promote creativity and motivate new ways for students to demonstrate their learning using free and easy to use Adobe Spark apps. Students can create amazing, creative content when they aren’t struggling with the tool! By attending this session, participants will:
-be able to demonstrate understanding of the difference between Spark Post, Video and Page.
-see and access links to sample Spark projects by students and teachers
-create a Spark project from scratch
-understand the new features of Spark for organizing projects, collaborating and more.
-have access to the session web page for review and links to many project samples and resources.
Using hands-on instructor-led activities, participants will learn the what kind of projects can be created with the Spark apps, and will be able to create a project using this outline:
1. Workshop introduction, including how the workshop will be conducted, what will be learned, and “get to know the attendees” activity (10 min)
2. Introduction to the Spark apps: Post, Video & Page, and see samples of each (15 min)
3. Explanation of new Spark features (5 min)
4. Discuss logins by students and school accounts (5 Min)
5. Participants login with Adobe ID (5 min)
6. Participants create a Post project with safe image search and text fields. Participants explore designs and styles. (15)
7. Closure and sharing of projects to a Google spreadsheet. (5 min)
Robinson, Ken, and Aronica, Lou. Creative Schools: The Grassroots Revolution That’s Transforming Education. Viking, April 21, 2015. Print.
Adobe. “Adobe State of Create: 2016.” Adobe State of Create: 2016, 3 Oct. 2016, www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/max/pdfs/AdobeStateofCreate_2016_Report_Final.pdf.