Taking Buying By the Horns with Project Unicorn
Listen and learn : Snapshot
Presentation 1 of 2
Smooth Operators: Educator Interoperability Tinkershop
Last year, ISTE and Project Unicorn released "Better Edtech Buying for Educators: A Practical Guide." In this session, hear how education leaders optimize their edtech buying practices with key metrics for evaluating tools, including interoperability, privacy, security and student goal alignment. Join us for free resources, activities and Unicorn magic.
|Audience:||Chief technology officers/superintendents/school board members, Teachers, Technology coordinators/facilitators|
|Attendee devices:||Devices useful|
|Attendee device specification:||Smartphone: Android, iOS, Windows
Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Topic:||Technology infrastructure and connectivity|
|ISTE Standards:||For Educators:
The purpose of this presentation is to empower educators. By the end of this session, participants will know what to look for in the edtech tools they are piloting by understanding how to assess their needs and how they align with different edtech offerings. Our activities, focusing on developing and analyzing indexes, will enable participants to find and secure education technology that fits their needs.
1. Introduction (5 minutes)
- Panel Presenters (still TBD) will introduce themselves to the audience
2. Interactive panel chat with Slido (10 minutes)
- Audience members will participate in a quick Q&A chat with presenters about edtech purchasing using the program Slido
3. Breakout Activities (all in the family, edtech buying activity) (25 minutes)
- Panel presenters will break attendees up into groups and facilitate fun activities intended to educate and empower participants in better edtech buying practices.
4. Conclusion and toolkit building (20 minutes)
- After activities, the audience will return the group and debrief with panel presenters. Participants will also receive resources to help them with edtech purchasing in the future.
ISTE guidebook: https://my.iste.org/s/store#/store/browse/detail/a1w1U000004LpapQAC
10 Questions for EdTech Vendors: https://www.projectunicorn.org/resources/10-questions-for-edtech-vendors
Tier Stories: A Glimpse Into the Interoperable Classroom: https://www.projectunicorn.org/resources/tier-stories-a-glimpse-into-the-interoperable-classroom
Why Data Interoperability Matters for Schools: https://www.projectunicorn.org/resources/why-data-interoperability-matters-for-schools
Why Data Interoperability Matters for Vendors: https://www.projectunicorn.org/resources/why-interoperability-matters-for-vendors
Interoperability Rubric: https://www.projectunicorn.org/resources/interoperability-rubric