Using the Global Goals to Develop Student Agency
Participate and share : Poster
Zelia Capitao-Tavares Mahfuza Rahman
Educators will participate in activities focused on the Global Goals. This session will highlight the importance of designing transdisciplinary and experiential learning opportunities for students, while empowering them to become changemakers. K-12 student samples will be shared.
|Audience:||Teachers, Coaches, Curriculum/district specialists|
|Attendee devices:||Devices required|
|Attendee device specification:||Smartphone: Android, iOS, Windows
Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Participant accounts, software and other materials:||Google Workplace Apps, Flipgrid|
|Topic:||Project-, problem- & challenge-based learning|
|Subject area:||Science, STEM/STEAM|
|ISTE Standards:||For Students:
- Participants will be challenged to understand how to use the global goals with students so that they have a greater connection to their learning, while empowering them to become agents of change.
- Participants will be engaged in activities during the session using Jamboard, Flipgrid, etc.
- Projects and student work will be shared with participants as examples and inspiration.
- Poll audience to see who is in the audience
- Intro and understanding the Global Goals
- Jamboard activity: connecting Global Goals to their curriculum
- Share what the different ways the Global Goals were incorporated into presenters classes and the importance of the transdisciplinary projects
- Share students projects with audience
- Participants do a Flipgrid reflection to end.