Slices of SDGs
Explore and create : Playground
This is presentation 1 of 3, at station "Global Collaboration Playground Station 3" within the playground "Global Collaboration PLN Playground: SDGs in Education"; scroll down to see more details.
Other presentations in this group:
|Audience:||Principals/head teachers, Teachers, Curriculum/district specialists|
|Attendee devices:||Devices useful|
|Attendee device specification:||Smartphone: Android, iOS, Windows
Laptop: Chromebook, Mac, PC
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Participant accounts, software and other materials:||Nothing specific|
|Subject area:||Language arts, STEM/STEAM|
|ISTE Standards:||For Students:
Through this playground, teachers will leave with resources of ideas to easily integrate the SDGs into their curriculum. By seeing examples of simple ways that have been implemented already, as well as a website that collates lots of great sites together, teachers will have ways to get started right away and find content that will fit within their context.
1. Introduction of the speaker (1 min)– Teach SDGs ambassador, year 6 teacher at a British International School, speaker on integrating the SDGs and STEAM, Sustainability Coordinator
2. Introduction of the playground (2 mins) – Aimed at showing how tweaking what you are already doing, to have an SDG ‘flavour’, will help you to address world issues in your classroom everyday. Participants will be asked to commit to one way to integrate the SDGs into their classroom, based off what they have seen or been inspired by" What barriers do you face?" "Where can you integrate the SDGs into your daily classroom?"
3. Examples (10 mins) – Showing different examples of how I have integrated the SDGs into Maths, Humanities, working with colleagues, movie making, English, classroom environment, science, and holidays. "Can you name a few that you could use?"
4. Website (5 mins) – introduction to the website ThisIsAwesomeEd.com, to navigate an use the resources "What are you interested in exploring?"
5. Closing (1 min) – Thank you and contact