Planning With INTENT: Making Tech Integration Simple and Strategic
Listen and learn : Ed talk
After the past eighteen months, what role does technology have in instruction? As a tech coach, Debbie first shares how she uses her signature INTENT framework to collaborate and plan with her fellow educators. Then, work with Debbie to transform one or more of your lessons with her INTENT framework.
|Audience:||Coaches, Library media specialists, Teachers|
|Attendee devices:||Devices required|
|Attendee device specification:||Smartphone: Android, iOS
Laptop: Mac, PC, Chromebook
Tablet: Android, iOS, Windows
|Topic:||Coaching & mentoring|
|Subject area:||Language arts, Math|
|ISTE Standards:||For Coaches:
Professional Learning Facilitator
Educators have never been more overwhelmed. This presentation aims to make the process of integrating technology easier with Debbie's signature INTENT framework. This framework was developed through Debbie's work with educators both in her school and her private tech coaching clients.
INTENT is an acronym standing for:
I- Identify learning goals
N- Notice where handles for learning are needed
T-Time to check your tech toolbox
E- Envision how the tech will enhance the lesson
N-Now add the tech tool to your lesson
T- Take time to reflect on the tool's impact
While attending this session, participants will:
- Learn about Debbie's INTENT tech integration framework.
- See Debbie model how to plan with INTENT
- Plan their first INTENT lesson as a guided practice
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Access Debbie's Planning with INTENT resources
- Understand how to plan with INTENT
- Leave with a lesson planned with guidance using this framework
1. Introduction and Tug of War Questions using Pear Deck Interactive slides(5 min)
2. What is planning with INTENT ?(5 min)
3. Reflecting on the framework with Color, Symbol, Image (Pear Deck Interactive- 5 min)
4. How do you plan with INTENT? (5 min)
5. Reflecting on INTENT process: Connect, Extend, Challenge (Pear Deck interactive- 5 min)
6. How can I get started planning with INTENT? (5 min)
7. Workshop Time: Planning a lesson using a Pear Deck Interactive Slide (15 min)
8. Call to Action- Next Steps (5 min)
This session's ideas came out of blogs released following my book's, TRANSFORM-Techy Notes to Make Learning Sticky, publication in May 2021 by Road to Awesome LLC. This framework takes my prior work to the next level and offers a simple integration model for educators today based from my experiences and practices as both an elementary teacher and as a technology coach.
Debbie Tannenbaum works as an Elementary School Technology Specialist in Fairfax County, VA. An educator with over twenty years of experience, Debbie Tannenbaum supports both staff and students to integrate technology tools into instruction through both co teaching sessions and weekly technology classes. Debbie emphasizes working collaboratively with other educators to use technology tools that amplify student learning and empower student voice. She also blogs and shares her thoughts and reflections regularly on her website: https://www.tannenbaumtech.com. In May 2021, her book, TRANSFORM: Techy Notes to Make Learning Sticky was published by Road to Awesome LLC.